Open Positions at JG Real Estate
JG Real Estate is a busy full-service brokerage located in Northern Liberties and serving all of Center City and surrounding neighborhoods, offering leasing, sales, and property management.
We are seeking an experienced full-time Property Manager for our Maintenance Team who has a certain blend of hands-on technical ability coupled with strong negotiating and logistical coordination skills. The ideal candidate excels first in communication and organization but also has a very strong knowledge of property mechanical systems, troubleshooting repairs, and the Philadelphia property maintenance code. If you can see yourself changing a lockset yourself while at the same time answering a call from a tenant who doesn’t understand why their dryer wasn’t fixed yesterday, this is for you. Ideal candidates should be comfortable performing or learning minor repairs such as:
- changing or repairing locksets
- replacing HVAC filters
- installing smoke & CO alarms
- minor plumbing repairs such as changing a flapper or toilet handle
- minor handyman-level repairs such as adjusting a door or mounting a towel bar
- troubleshooting mechanical systems
Our Maintenance Team is responsible for overseeing our large portfolio of managed properties, performing a variety of inspections (annuals, security deposit, turnover planning), responding to any and all maintenance requests submitted by tenants, performing small repairs themselves while coordinating third-party vendors (electricians, plumbers, HVAC, painters, cleaners, roofers etc.) for others, and advising Landlords on the best course of action for repair or for prevention. We represent the Landlords, our clients, with fiduciary duty to them at all times, but maintaining positive relationships with tenants and vendors is also necessary. We believe in balancing fairness with empathy, and that tenant satisfaction is ultimately in the best interest of the Landlord.
This position will be primarily based out of our maintenance team’s location in the Port Richmond neighborhood, with frequent travel to our Northern Liberties main location and travel to/from your assigned geographic zone of managed properties for site visits and inspections. This position will also have a larger zone that is shared with a direct report Assistant Property Manager, so leadership skills and direct experience managing others while prioritizing and delegating tasks is important.
- Communicates with and answers questions from current tenants in managed properties about move-in/move-out procedures, and any maintenance repairs needed throughout their lease
- Coordinates repairs with vendors while making minor repairs on your own
- Creates turnover plans for each unit with a new lease upcoming, gathering quotes and recommendations to present to the Landlord for approval while also keeping in mind incoming tenant expectations.
- Performs formal annual inspections on each unit focusing on identifying any potential life/safety issue, educating the tenants where needed (clearing means of egress, etc.), while also recognizing opportunities for preventative maintenance to prolong the overall health of the property itself and its investment quality.
- Performs security deposit inspections by reviewing and comparing the property’s noted prior conditions with its current condition, making reasonable recommendations to the Landlord on excessive damage vs. normal wear & tear
- Makes site visits to properties to problem solve maintenance issues reported by occupants and to develop long-term maintenance plans.
- Updates open work orders, inspection templates, and task management pipelines with each status change and detailed progression through tasks, while following up frequently with various parties associated (vendors, tenants, landlords, internal team).
- Approximately 60% of the time will be in office and 40% will be spent in the field
- On-call for after-hours emergencies part-time (1 week of on-call duty which is on a rotating schedule with the other 13 maintenance team members)
We are looking for someone who:
- is SUPER detail-oriented and takes a proactive approach to follow up in all aspects of job
- Solves problems and takes initiative as necessary
- Has the ability to work independently and within a team
- Communicates effectively both written and verbally with tenants, landlords, JGRE staff and outside vendors
- Has hands-on technical abilities and a basic knowledge of tools and mechanics
- Has basic knowledge of real estate and construction industries
- Is willing to work outside of normal business hours to ensure business’s success
- Wants a stable and long-term career with opportunities for growth
- Is organized, efficient and works well under stress
- Has a clean driving record and valid license
- Lives within a 30-minute drive to center city in order to efficiently respond to emergencies
About the Company / Our Ideal Candidate:
JG Real Estate is an award-winning local brokerage comprised of employees who take pride in their own work, love what they do, and who understand that this industry can often go beyond 9-5. You are someone who would do what it takes to get the job done, to do what is right even if it’s not always easy, and to be open to continually learn and grow in your field. You will work alongside and collaborate with our current Maintenance team, but also work closely with our Leasing and Accounts teams. You are able to work both independently and within a team. You are an idea-generator but also an implementer. You believe that cutting corners for short-term results can create long-term issues.
Compensation and Benefits:
- Salary range of $60-70k commensurate with experience
- 10 days paid time off (PTO) and 7 paid holidays
- 401K, eligible after 6 months of employment with match up to 4%
- Health/Dental/Vision insurance options with partial employer contribution
- Company vehicle available for use during office hours
- Opportunities for employer-paid continuing education and goal-related bonuses
- Quarterly staff team building activities, positive company culture
Please submit a cover letter explaining why you feel this position is the right fit for you, along with your resume.